Monday, January 28

Yes, we know important people, too!

Our friend Charlie Hills just penned a book that I simply NEED to promote. The Hills moved down to Austin from Des Moines years ago with us as a part of the CreditMinders exodus of 2001. Here's a note from him. We'll be in Scottsdale with Mark's parents so we won't be able to go to the event. But if you can, please do! And tell him Mark and LuAnn sent you!

Last October I finished my latest book, Why Your Last Diet Failed You and How This Book Won't Help You on Your Next One. It's a humorous, satirical, and semi-autobiographical commentary on all things weight loss. And now it's time to promote it. In less than two weeks I have my first bookstore event: a book signing at BookPeople down on Lamar. I would like to invite you to come join me as I pretend to be an author. Details:

Date: Saturday, February 9, 2008
Time: 3 pm to 4:30 pm
Location: Bookpeople, 603 N. Lamar, Austin, Texas


If you can't make it, but would still like to help me out, please forward this on to anyone you think might enjoy it. (Friend, family member, or stranger: it doesn't matter. Heck, the stranger the better, I say.) And now that I think about it, feel free to forward it on even if you can make it.

If you're interested in the book but don't want to wait, you can get it:
Direct from the publisher (me, that is!)
from Amazon.com
from Barnes & Noble online
Or just head down to BookPeople any time

Thanks for your support! --Charlie

No comments: